You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to swparse.com Discussion Platform. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kinman

SWPARSE Team

• "Kinman" started this thread

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 4:11pm

Welcome to swparse.com

Hello and welcome to swparse.com, the new Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Log Parser!

What's this all about?
swparse.com is an online tool to analyse and compare combat logs from SWTOR. Analysing fights after a raid can help to improve the performance of the raid, get some information or details which have been overseen and helps getting better in the game. Comparing the results with other players gives you an idea how good you and your team are performing. Viewing other logs can help you optimizing your play style. Many class guides are using parsed combat logs (often screenshots from similar tools) to show ability distribution and performance.

swparse.com is only an online tool and not live parser. It can or should be used in parallel because it can provide more information (more space, more time to generate) and all information can be shared between raid members. Because it's online you don't have to install anything.

Development
At the moment the tool is in an early alpha version. That means that there isn't the full functionality and there are bugs. It is already public in multiple purpose: to give you an idea what's coming and track the development, to collect feedback, bug reports and feature requests and review and improve the performance of the tool. swparse.com is a hobby project therefore the team can only provide a fistfull hours a day developing but we try to let you see that the tool is growing. Ideally there will be an update every two days. If not, we try to provide at least a major update once a week. You can visit the changelog to review the current update intervals.

The Team
At the moment swparse.com is solely developed by me (Kinman) but with great help (test runs, providing logs, asking for features) from my guild and some detail infos from Drew Cerny, the developer of Parsec. At this point: thank you very much, Drew!
I'm playing SWTOR on Vanjervalis Chain since spring 2012 and hosting the unofficial Server Forum vc-rp.de. I'm having fun in nearly every part of the game (Roleplay, PvE, PvP). Since I'm in a weekly raid (not really progress but not far behind) I always try to improve myself and got into combat log parsing.

I wish you a nice stay, fun and success in SWTOR and using swparse.com!

Greetings
Kinman